1990 Doctor of Science in
Title of the thesis: "Hamiltonian systems and Abelian integrals"
1978: Ph.D. , Moscow State
Title of the thesis: " Bifurcations of symmetric vectorfields on the plane".Thesis advisor - V.I. Arnold
1972: Master degree, Sofia University.
2006 -- present: Professor at Sofia University, FMI
2002 - present: Senior Researcher I degree at the Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science
(from 2006 partial position)
1994 -- 2002: Professor at Sofia University, FMI
1984 - 1994: Associate Professor at Sofia University, FMI
1979 - 1984: Assistant Professor at Sofia University, FMI
1. Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam - June, 1985; October, 1986.
2. Universite Catholique de Louvain -
September, 1986; September, 1992,
September, 1993; September, 1994; February, 1997; September, 1997;
December, 1999; September, 2000; September, 2003
3. Brandeis University, Waltham, MA - June, 1986; January-May, 1987; May, 1998.
4. Universitat Bremen - June, 1991; February, 1993
5. University of Arizona - August 1991-May 1992.
6. Universite Toulouse-III - February, 1994; June, 1999;February- July, 2000.
7. Universite de Nantes - January, 2000.
8. University of Leeds - April, 2001.
9. Universita degli studi di Firenze - May, 1997
10. Universit\'e d'Artois - July, 1999.
11. UC Santa Barbara – March, 2006
Prize on the name of N. Obreshkov of Sofia University and Bulgarian Academy Sciences for Mathematical Sciences – 1989
Corresponding Member of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences -- 2004
Serdica Mathematical Journal
Annuaire de l'universite de Sofia
Ph. D. Students
L. Gavrilov www , O. Christov
D. Kolev - Associate Professor at University of Chemical Engineering, Sofia),
L. Gavrilov (now Full Professor at Universit\`e de Toulouse III), www
A. Zhivkov (now Associate Professor at Sofia University
I. Dimitrov (now tenure-track at the University of Kingston, Canada), www
G. Georgiev (now Assistant Professor at the Railway Institute, Sofia),
D. Dragnev (now Post-Doc at Courant Institute, NY),
Z. Petrova (now Assistant Professor at Technical University, Sofia),
Zh. Georgiev (now Assistant Professor at Technical University, Sofia),
N. Stoev (position in banking),
P. Iliev (now tenure-track at Georgia Institute of Technology), www
A. Lozanov (N/D),
Y. Angelova (now Ph.D. student at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign),
Y. Markov (now at the IMI, BAS),
B. Bakalov (now tenure-track at North Carolina State University), www
M. Yakimov (now tenure-track at UC, Santa Barbara), - www
T. Milanov (now Postdoc at Stanford University) - www
M. Ignatova (now Ph. D. student at University Southern
back to main